We are currently in search of…
The Operations Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the business and shares the responsibility for the overall success and performance of the retail store and wholesale business.
– Work a full-time Tuesday – Saturday schedule and special events.
– Successful supervisory work experience in a service industry, preferably in a retail environment.
– Collaborative team approach to management.
– Ability to drive store profitability through maintaining customer relationships, product knowledge, store appearance, social media, and in-store promotions and events.
– The ability to multi-task and solve problems.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including phone and email etiquette, and message taking
– Ability to navigate intermediate computer programs ie. excel, publisher, word, and social media.
– Organizational, time management, and planning skills.
– Friendly and outgoing
– Willingness to ‘think outside of the box’
– Diverse knowledge of multiple sports and outdoor activities and the products associated with those activities.
– Ability to move about the store and warehouse, including climbing ladders and the ability to lift up to 50lbs.
– Driver’s License
Recruit, train, manage, and evaluate the performance of a diverse and knowledgeable team of retail specialists.
Maximize store efficiency to maximize sales and minimize costs.
Build and maintain strong relationships with customers.
Participate in local organizations and community events. (attend LABA, Chamber, Community Center and other functions)
Ensure service is prompt and knowledgeable, and customer expectations are met.
Maintain store appearance.
– Maintain a clean, neat, well-organized selling floor and storage space.
– Ensure implementation of visual merchandising standards.
Monitor inventory levels; communicating with the Buyer, placing at once and special orders as needed, ensure product is current and customer needs are being met.
– Manage store and manufacturer returns.
– Ensure merchandise flows from shipping/receiving to the sales floor or warehouse.
– Continually expand knowledge of product carried in the store and sold to instituitions.
– Participate in and attend trade shows and merchandise rep meetings.
Update website and social media with current promotions, new product, and community events.
Learn to string tennis & racquetball rackets and sharpen ice skates.
Paddle board and kayak
– Product knowledge
Manage walk-in/call-in team wholesale business.
– Wholesale business makes up approximately 85% of Sportsmen’s business model. The Operations Manager will be responsible for all orders carried out through the retail store. You will guide the customer through the product selection process, pricing, ordering product, scheduling decoration, and final delivery and payment.
Our package is designed to help employees grow professionally and personally, and includes, but is not limited to; a competitive salary; generous employee and family discounts; professional growth and development opportunities; paid time off.
If you think you would be a great member of our team and are qualified for any the position(s) listed, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Mon – Fri 10am – 6pm
Saturdays 9am – 4pm
Sundays 11am – 3pm
Join our Mailing List
Sportmen’s of Litchfield
725 Bantam Road
Bantam, CT 06750